The 9 best SEO tools in 2024

 


For some jobs, you can get by purely on your own cunning, physical abilities, or ambition alone. SEO marketer is not one of those jobs.

In the digital age, marketers like me can't do what they do without the right tools—tools that help us track performance metrics, diagnose problems, suggest improvements, report on progress, and automate the little things we don't have time to do a hundred times a day.

I sifted through a ton of SEO software options (including ones I use regularly) to find what I think are the best SEO tools around. Here's what I found.

The 9 best SEO tools

  1. seoClarity for an SEO AI assistant tool
  2. Surfer for AI integration
  3. Semrush for SEO rank tracking
  4. SEOptimer for SEO audits
  5. Ahrefs for competitor research
  6. Clearscope for SEO content optimization
  7. Letterdrop for SEO content automation
  8. BuzzSumo for SEO content ideation
  9. AnswerThePublic for content research on a budget


What is an SEO tool?

I define an SEO tool as any software you can use to improve some aspect of a search engine optimization campaign. These tools can serve many different functions, including search query analytics, reporting automation, AI-driven content optimization recommendations, and website performance analysis.